Saturday, March 27, 2010

Daring Bakers - Pineapple Tian with Lemon and Lime Marmalade



The 2010 March Daring Baker's Challenge was hosted by Jennifer of Chocolate Shavings. She choose Orange Tian, as the challenge for this month, a dessert based on a recipe from Alian Ducasse's school in Paris.
To be honest, I am tiring of Oranges and Lemons. So instead I decided to make a Pineapple Tian. Mostly because I had a pineapple already. I grilled the pineapple to give it some color. In the stabilized whip cream I made a lemon and lime marmalade (picture above). The marmalade by itself, was a hit. I added lime zest to the pate sable.
I have never made a Tian before so I loved the challenge! Thanks Jennifer for a adding something new repertoire.




9 comments:

Jenni said...

Your tian looks and sounds amazing! Great job!! I bet it was super tasty!

chef_d said...

Wow that looks great! Will definitely try your version next time!

Baking Addict said...

Love your version. Presentation is stunning!

Natalie... said...

Mmmm wow pineapple tian!! That sounds so good, I love pineapple at the moment :D.

Laura said...

mmmm! Pineapple sounds simply wonderful!

Sinful Southern Sweets said...

Lovely! Oh I wish I had thought to use pineapple in my tian. I adore pineapple. I will certainly be trying this soon!!

outoftheoven said...

Your tian looks beautiful, and I love that you chose pineapple!

Suzler said...

Wow, the cream and crunchy, sweet pineapple sound like the perfect combination. A great summer dessert. Your tian looks wonderful.

Lisa Michelle said...

Great idea to use pineapple and your lemon lime marmalade sounds wonderful! Very unique combo and beautifully done :)