Thursday, March 12, 2009

Saturday - Celebrating St. Patrick,s Day

I like it when I can bake things that apply to certain holidays. Since I do weekend deliveries, it sometimes puts me in a quandary - shall I bake ahead of time, after the fact or not honor the occasion at all. However, being of Irish heritage, I decided I couldn't let St. Patrick's Day go without some sort of fanfare. I hope you are able to rustle up an Irish Coffee (for those who drink) and enjoy some of this weeks' goods:


Savory
Corn Beef Pie - $6/pie
A flaky crust with layers of Dijon mustard, corn beef and cabbage.

Colcannon Chicken and Apple Pie - $5/piece
Colcannon is a traditional Irish potato dish. This pie has a flaky crust with a filling of organic chicken, apples, tarragon with a Colcannon topping.

Blarney Cheese and Onion Tart - $4/tart
Originally made with Blarney Cheese, this tart consist of fontina cheese and softened onions.

Soup
Baked Potato Soup with Bacon - $5/quart
A creamy soup with organic bacon bits mixed in.

Sweet
Guinness cake with Brown Bread Ice Cream - $6/piece (includes ice cream)
Even if you don't like Guinness you will like this cake. The stout adds a richness to the cake. Sold with Brown Bread Ice Cream to top the cake off with.

Grasshopper Squares - $4/square
Not really Irish but really good. Brownie layer, mint layer (green for St. Patrick's Day) and topped with ganache.

Lime and Pistachio Pie - $5/piece
A creamy lime filling inside a crunch pistachio crust

Breakfast
Iced Buns - $4 for 2 buns
These soft buns are yeast based with a sweet icing.

NOTE: For next week I would like to do deliveries on Sunday or Monday. I am happy to deliver at no charge at your convenience or you can pick-up at the office at a pre-arranged time. It is Opening Day for Baseball on our normal delivery day and I have 4 kids who would be disappointed if I not there.

No comments: