Saturday, October 2, 2010

XOX TRUFFLES






A couple of weeks ago I took an impromptu trip to San Francisco. It seemed like the thing to do to avoid the hot weather of the Valley. When I got to the City I did a little window shopping and headed over to my favorite coffee place Cafe Greco in North Beach. This place is always packed but I love to sit outside and sip my Italian Ille coffee and watch the world go by. On this particular day they had some bread pudding that caught my eye, so I had to have a taste. It was divine! Once, I was fueled and ready to do some walking I headed over to Graffeo Coffee. Graffeo as founded in 1935 and is one of the oldest artisan coffee roasters. They use a state-of the-art fluid bed roaster to ensure exact temperature and quality control when roasting their beans. A pound of coffee is expensive (I think$13) but man it was worth it! You can really taste the difference. So I know it seems like a coffee theme, here but wait! I walked further down looking for somewhere new to try for lunch and stumbled upon a Artisan Chocolate Shop. Of course, I wasn't going to pass by without a taste. So, in I went to XOX Truffles. Chef Jean-Marc Gorce hand makes and dips something like 27 flavors of truffles. I tried Carmel, Coconut, Lemon Ginger (my favorite), o l'orange and peanut butter. I know it sounds like too many truffles to eat in one sitting but these are tiny little morsels of perfection. Of course, I was so engrossed in trying all my truffles I forgot to take pictures of them. Here are some pictures of the signs that hang on the front windows.


Sorry for another late posting, this blog has seemed t get away from me lately. Lots of work and not lots of time to sit and type.


Deliveries for 4pm on Sunday. Sorry, it is just wha worked for thi week!


* I will be at the Nutree Farmers Market on Wednesday afternoon! Come and see us. I will have special Fall Treats!


Savory

Miso Chicken Stew

Mushroons, Chicken thighs/breast, miso, carrot, garlic, onion, ginger, quinoa $25/pan or $5/serving


Chinese Barbecued Pork Pies $5/5" pie

Rice wine, ginger, chinese barbequed pork, lime juice, pastry


Vegetarian

Roasted Vegetables with Nut Gremalata - $20/pan or $4/serving

Parsnips, Brussles Sprouts, Carrots, Turnips, Nuts, Parsley, Lemon, Garlic


Breakfast

Raspberry Twists $4 for 2
Raspberry Jam, organic sugar, flour, eggs, butter,
Cinnamon Brioche Rolls 2 rolls for $4
yeast, flour, organic sugar, cinnamon, milk


Sweet

Carmel Apple Rice pudding - $4

rice, carmel, apples


Mexican Chocolate Pots de Creme $5

milk, egg, Mexican chocolate, bittersweet chocolate


Oats and Honey Granola Pie $5/piece

Oats, chocolate, granola, vanilla, eggs, organic sugar, pastry


Cookies

Oatmeal Applesauce Cookies $5/6 cookies

oatmeal, applesauce, eggs, butter, organic sugar, whole wheat flour
















No comments: