Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mothers Day

Mother's Day is approaching, and I can barely remember the days when I wasn't a Mother. By some standards, I was little late in the game when I decided to have kids. Then, once I decided, I didn't stop for some years. What those years produced where 4 kids. Four kids who took my once sane and somewhat organized world and turned it around. It doesn't seem possible that there were days in my life that didn't involve juggling a variety of jobs. Each day I run the gambit from being a doctor, a referee, a teacher, a homemaker, a volunteer, a taxi driver to a cook. I never thought being a Mom could be so exhausting, challenging and fulfilling. I can't remember my life before kids and I am not sure I really need to. The kids fill my days with love, craziness and happiness. I can't imagine a day going by where I don't get the latest piece of art work to cover my fridge, or see my daughter and her friends latest dance moves. Somehow, being a Mom after 11 years still excites me. I look forward to each adventure my children bring my way. To all the Mom's and Mr. Mom's that I know - keep up the good work! Happy Mother's Day!

And to my very special Mom. Thanks for all you do, you are simply the very best!

Savory
Bacon wrapped meatloaf with brown sugar ketchup 6 mini loafs $25 or $5/serving
Chili sauce, cider vinegar, onion, garlic, thyme, Dijon, buttermilk, parsley, bacon, ground beef, ground pork

Spring vegetables and chicken stew $5/serving or $25 for (9x13 pan)
Pancetta, peas, red pesto sauce, small potatoes, fennel and green beans

Chorizo potato cakes with spicy beans $5 for 2 cakes
potatoes, chorizo, onion, tomatoes, chilli's

Zucchini, shitake and ricotta bake $5/serving or $20 (9x13 pan)
Mushrooms, zucchini, garlic, red chillies, carrot, tomatoes, ricotta

Salad
Avocado, Quinoa and Bean salad $5/quart
avocado, quinoa, green beans, garlic, radishes, basil, cumin

Breakfast
Buttermilk Biscuits with sawmill gravy (on the side) $4 for 2 biscuits with gravy
Homemade biscuits with sausage, milk, flour

Rosewater Scones with Strawberry Butter $3/scone
Fresh strawberries, rosewater, milk, vanilla, butter

Mini Ham Quiches $3

Sweets
Pavlova with lime cream with mango $4/serving


White Chocolate Almond Bars $3/bar
Sweet and Rich these have almond paste, all natural almond extract, sliced almonds, white chocolate drizzled on top.

Honey Rice Pudding with Pear and Jam $5/serving
Strawberry Jam, Rice, Pear

Strawberry cream cookies 6 cookies $4
Fresh strawberry cookies filled with strawberry cream

Deliver Sunday from 9-11am

No comments: