Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Daring Bakers - Chocolate Steamed Pudding with Cacao Nibs, Tart Cherries and Orange Zest









The April 2010 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Esther of The Lilac Kitchen. She challenged everyone to make a traditional British pudding using, if possible, a very traditional British ingredient: suet
I love steamed puddings! They remind me of home (I grew up in England). I used Atora (vegetarian suet) in the pudding. The pudding wasn't as moist as other puddings I have made, perhaps because of the vegetarian suet,but was still very good. I topped the pudding with a vanilla bean custard.
Thanks for a great challenge Esther!

6 comments:

Audax said...

A great series of photos love that pudding bowl. And the pudding slice is so moist and light looking. Great work on this challenge.

Cheers from Audax in Sydney Australia.

Esther said...

Looks and sounds great and I am so jealous of all the people with old pudding molds. Guess what is going on my birthday wish list this year!!

AJ said...

Yum!!! Cherries and chocolate - I'm gonna pass out!!

The Betz Family said...

I love the chocolate steamed pudding, and to add cherries sends it over the top! Nice job on the challenge!

Jill @ Jillicious Discoveries said...

Chocolate, cacao nibs, cherries, orange and vanilla--wonderful flavors! Your pudding looks and sounds delicious!:)

Anonymous said...

Great flavours, your pudding looks so tasty, love that you served it with vanilla custard!