Thursday, March 11, 2010

Cookbooks galore



Ok, I admit to having a terrible sickness. I collect cookbooks! My collection started at an early age and was quite well controlled for many years. I was able to keep all my cookbooks on one book shelf. Over the years as more and more cookbooks were published my collection grew. I now have so many cookbooks that my bookshelves are overflowing. I don't know what it is about them. I enjoy looking at them, reading them and referring to them. Much to my Mom's disgust, I have some cookbooks that look like they have been used. Splatters and spills adorn the pages. I have others that I have never cooked out of but just enjoyed reading. I have cookbooks from various parts of the world, cookbooks given to me as gifts and some that have just appeared on my shelf.



Ok, this week I have added some Irish inspired items for upcoming St. Paddy's Day! Deliveries 9-11am on Saturday.





Savory
Beef and Guinness Pie (large pie $25 small pie $5)
Even if you don’t like Guinness you will like this.

Sage and onion sausage tart (whole tart $15 or $4/piece)
Short-crust pastry, onions, sage leaves, sausage, honey, sesame seeds

Corned Beef Pasty ($4/pasty) - Pieces of delicate corned beef and shredded cabbage with Swiss cheese, topped with a stone ground mustard sauce.

Leek cannelloni with lemon thyme and provolone piccante - (9x13 dish $25 or $5/serving)
onion, provolone cheese, tomatoes, thyme, ricotta cheese, cannelloni shells

Carrot pancakes with hummus and roasted chili feta ($4/serving)
carrots, chickpeas, tahini, cumin (hummus), pancakes chillies, cumin, fennel, coriander, chickpea flour, semolina, feta cheese

Sides
Colcannon cakes with crisp pancetta and Stilton recipe ($4 for 2 cakes)
This is a traditional recipe with potatoes. Added in is cabbage, stilton, onion and topped with pancetta

Irish Soda Bread
Small Whole Loaf $4

Breakfast
Oatmeal,Pecan and Date Sticky Biscuits (whole pan 8x8 $12 individual $3/bun)
These are like sticky buns but made with biscuit batter. Medjool dates, buttermilk, oats, vanilla pecans, cinnamon

Irish scones
Irish currants added to a moist scone ($3/scone)

Sweet
Carmel Walnut Upside Down Cake ($4/piece)
Sticky brown-sugar Carmel with a super moist banana cake

Green Velvet Cupcakes/Dark Chocolate Cupcake with Bailey Irish Cream Frosting (6 for $10 or $2.50 each

Irish Cream Chocolate Mousse Cake ($5/piece)
Irish Cream Liqueur, bittersweet chocolate, eggs. This is a cake with a mousse topping

Pineapple meringue pie ($4/piece)
coco crust with fresh pineapple and a meringue topping

No comments: