Friday, October 16, 2009

It has been a long time








OK, life happens! I have been in a "funk" as my friends have been well aware. Thanks for your support and for "hanging in there" with me. Following is an explanation about why I have not been been myself lately:

My Dad passed away on September 19th. Although his death was not completely unaccepted his loss has taken me off guard. After all, he has been part of my life since I was 9 years old. From the moment we met him, he insanely spoiled us girls. Ponies, swimming pool (who has one of those in England, no one), first VCR on the block, a black BMW for my 17th Birthday. Besides being spoiled with monetary items he also gave me a bug for traveling. Traveling all over Europe, India, Kenya and when I wanted to go to Egypt, he found a place down the road from our house actually called Egypt. In my teens, he tolerated my latest haircuts, my loud friends (he built us a games room to isolate us) and endured my begging to be allowed to go to the pub. As I got older, we shared so many things. He had a love of food. He taught me about spices. He made some of my favorite dishes. When I was pregnant with my 4th child, I was living back in England, he cooked for me almost every night. I would encourage him with each dish to make mine a bit more spicy. It got so hot my Mom wouldn't even eat it! We now say that is why my son has a hot-tempered personality. My deepest gratitude to all of you that have supported me over the last couple of years, while I cared for him. When my Dad fell ill, he often apologized to me for having to care for him. Although, I told him I was happy to. More like I was honored to!

Looking back, he was such an influence on me, my children and my family as a whole. He will be missed but my love for him will continue with my baking/cooking.

On top of this, I got a terrible strain of the flu. It has taken me the better part of 3 weeks to recover. I really didn't want to pass on any germs so I had to make sure my cough had subsided. Thanks goodness that is over with!
It is long overdue....so, back to work.
Delivery on Saturday at the Office in Fairfield. If you would like home delivery or an alternative day just let me know. I look forward to seeing everyone!
Savory
Squash and Goat Cheese Frittata - $4 per piece
A nice Autumn Frittata
Spinach and artichoke tart -$4 per piece
Fresh Artichokes, ricotta, spinach and Parmesan
Sausage and Caramelized Onion Bread Pudding - $5 per piece
Organic Chicken with fresh mushroom topped with a pastry crust.
Fish Pie - $6 per pie
Cod, Shrimp and Spinach in a creamy sauce topped with potatoes
Soup
Vegetable and lentil soup - $5 a container
Filled with Lentils, broccoli, parsnip, zucchini, leeks and onions. A hearty vegetarian soup
Dessert
Fresh Fig Trifle with Toasted Meringue - $4 per individual trifle
Fresh figs, custard, cake.
Coffee date cake with coconut Irish cream sauce - $4 per piece
Moist, Vegetarian cake with medjool dates
Baked Blackberry/Lime Pudding - $5 for 2 mini puddings
Light Blackberry Puddings topped with lime and blackberry jam

No comments: