Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mother's Day!

Before I started this post I was looking at one of my favorite bloggers (cocoandme). Her blog is similar to mine and she talks about her Market Stall in London. Her most recent blog posting hit home. Her comments were about how we as Mother's juggle working and family life. How sometimes we let things go on the work front to cater to the family front and vice versa. After reading her post, I felt that we face many of the same struggles. It doesn't matter that we are in different parts of the world. Like Cocoandme, I often struggle with the balance of work and kids. I have 4 very active children and my long term customers know that I occasionally change my delivery hours to accommodate an important baseball game or school awards ceremony. I have also been known to tell my children not now because Mommy is working. We will do that later. Like my fellow blogger, as my children get older and demand even more attention and chauffeuring, I wonder if I will be able to keep up with the pace. I am not sure if I will ever find a happy balance but I continue to strive for one each week. So as Mother's Day approaches, I want to wish all the great Mother's I know a very happy day!

A special note: I want to wish my own Mother, Happy Mother's Day! Without her MagPies (among other things) would not be possible. I love you, Mom!

MagPies, will be open for deliveries Saturday 10am-2pm and Sunday 9-1pm (unless we sell out on either day). You can call ahead.

Savory
Baked Parmesan & Thyme Tart with Red Onion Jam
This tart is great at room temperature if you are planning a Mother's Day Picnic.

Filled Prosciutto and Cheese Focaccia - $4/piece
This is kind of like a Focaccia sandwich.

Assorted Quiches - $5/quiche
Different topping depending on produce. Possibilities are asparagus, artichoke, corn and red pepper.

Pork and Mushroom Pie - $6/pie
Creamy Pork and a variety of mushroom is a flaky pastry.

Chicken Pot Pie (with biscuit topping) - Family Size $25
Organic Chicken, vegetables with a homemade topping.

Salads
Couscous Salad with grilled vegetables and feta

Rice Salad - This salad is done the MagPies way with pickles, beans, radishes, tomatoes, artichoke hearts and long grain rice. Dressed with local olive oil and lemon.

Ice Cream - $5/container
Mini Baked Alaska - $4/baked Alaska
Strawberry with Chocolate Chunks
Burnt Carmel Gelato
Roasted Banana ice Cream

Pie
Apple Breton Pie - $22.00/whole pie or $5/piece
Chocolate Strawberry Pot Pie $6
Blueberry Crumble $20/whole crumble $5/small crumble

Tarts
Fruit Tart - $5/5"tart
Almond Pither $16/whole tart
Pineapple tart Tatin $16/whole tart

Cookies/Financiers/Petite Fours
Petits Fours - Look like a hat - box of 6 $12
Blackberry Brown-butter Financiers - 4 $6
Spicy Hazelnut Biscotti $3/bag

Breakfast
Bakery Crumb Buns
Orange/Currant Scones
Butterscotch scones
Croissant

Cake
Vanilla Bean Buttermilk cake with glazed oranges $18
Chocolate Flourless Cake $20 whole cake or/ $5 piece
Mary Ann Cake with Lemon Curd and Blueberries $18
Coconut layer cake (small) $7

Not all items will be available both days. So if you have an idea what you want and know what day you want to pick it up on please place your order by Friday. Thanks!






No comments: