Friday, May 1, 2009

Everything late this Week!

It must be the weather! I missed the Daring Baker's Challenge Date on the 27th! Mostly because of work. I am late posting the blog. I am all off schedule. Next week I hope to do better. Anyway, I will still have free tasting of the Daring Baker's Challenge for you this week. I will post the pictures soon, but better late then never!

So this week I am busy preparing to start the Vacaville Farmers Market and getting ready for the summer season out in the Valley. Please keep your eye on the where MagPies will be at the bottom of the blog for upcoming events.

MagPies is also now Twittering. I hope this will be an easy way for customers to keep up with our busy schedule and allow you easy access to finding us around the valley. Twitter is like microblogging. So in essence it is short and sweet posts (no more than 140 characters). You can even have twitter messages sent to your phone. I hope to use this tool for farmers market as well. I can let you know through twitter when we are close to selling out of items or report on what fruit and veg look good that Saturday or just anything special. Sign-up now at http://www.twitter.com/. Our username is Magpiesjen.

Suisun Valley is also twittering as well as Ron Lanza from Wooden Valley. It is a great place to keep up with what is going on in the Valley. If anyone needs any help with this let me know. I am not an expert (still kinda finding my way through it), but will help with whatever I can.

BIG NEWS! Magpies will be accepting Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Debit Cards in the next two weeks! This has been a little bit of a process but considering the economy and that fact that it is just easier to pay with your card sometimes, we are glad to offer this service to our customers.

Don't forget MagPies for Mother's Day treats! I will get the blog posted early so you can make you decisions. We will be open for extended hours the Saturday before Mother's Day.

OK, enough of all this big news on to this weeks goods.

Savory
Cheese and Parsnip roulade $5/piece
This has Blue Cheese, mascarpone, pesto and parsnips.

Chilli Crab and Prawn Tart $5/tart
Spiced up tart with red chilli.

Mediterrean Pasties $5/pastie
Chicken, spinach and mediterrean vegetables in a pastie

Sweets
Organic Apple Cake with honey and a cinnamon flavored creme fraiche

Plum and Goat Cheese Tart - $5/piece
Sweet Plums with a tart Goat Cheese Base.

Rhubarb and Orange Fool - $5/cup
Rhubarb, Orange, Marscarpone and custard all rolled into this start of the summer dessert.

FREE PIECE OF CHEESECAKE FROM DARING BAKERS CHALLENGE

Salad
Middle Eastern Carrot Salad - $5/quart
Crisp carrots with warm spices give this an exotic flavor

No comments: