Friday, January 2, 2009

EAT YOUR DAMN DESSERT!

Happy 2009!

The title of this post came from a recent article in the San Franciscan. It gave details about some great Bay Area spots for desserts. As a Pastry Chef, I always like to watch the local trends in the dessert world. I also, always enjoy trying the creations of our local talent. It is my New Year's resolution to get to more local eateries and try dessert. I am not sure if it will be good for my diet, which is another New Year's resolution!

If are traveling around the Bay Area at all try these great places!
The San Franciscan Magazine recommended the following:
CandyBar - Berkeley
JoJo - Oakland
Mission Beach Cafe - S.F.
Dynmo Donut - S.F.
Range - S.F.
Bong Su - S.F.
Fraiche - Palo Alto
Crixa Cake - Berkeley
Orson - S.F.
Chocolatier Blue - Berkeley
Murray Circle - Sausalito
Bar Tartine - S.F.
VS. - S.F.
The Slanted Door - S.F.

I will be looking for some Sacramento places to add to the list - as I am sure there are many. If you try any great places let me know and we will add it to the list!

The following will be available for Saturday delivery.

Savory Tarts
Vegetable and Rice Torte - $6/piece
Ground round, zucchini , onion in a tomato sauce Pie (Bolognse Pie) - $5/pie (4")

Sweets
Almond and Strawberry Jam Squares - $4/Piece
Apricot Chewy Cookies - Stack of 6 - $5
Cranberry and Apple Strudel- $4/piece


Soup
Crushed Potato, Celery and Herb Soup - $5/quart

No comments: