Friday, January 8, 2010

a New Year!







Happy New Year, everyone! I hope everyone had a safe and fantastic holiday! I can hardly believe we are on to a New Year. Not sure where last year went. I spent the New Years bowling with lots of kids and a few adult friends. I even made it to midnight! Like a lot of people I start the New Year off with many goals, hopes and a few dreams. After working really hard from Thanksgiving to Christmas I always seem to want to start the year off with getting back to eating right! This year I felt like I needed to detox my system a little. So I am doing a mostly vegetarian diet for 30 days. On week one I have done well. I will keep you posted! I hope during this somewhat slower period to make some changes to the blog and have some plans for some new ideas in the spring for MagPies, that I would like to work on. Of course, I dream to travel a little more, continue educating myself in the world of food and perhaps have some sort of restaurant venue fall in my lap. I know I am not asking for much.
What are your New Year's Resolutions?
The pictures above are from San Francisco. My kids have taken a liking to the big City. It is such a huge benefit of living where we do. We get to live in a small community but get the excitement of a "big city". The pictures above show the ice skating rink in Union Square. A much suggested trip, if you haven't done so. So much fun! The pictures where taken with my cell phone so not the best quality but hopefully you get the idea!
So, I am thinking back to Saturday deliveries. What does everyone else think? Let me know if you have other ideas.
Menu
Ham, egg and spinach pie $5/piece
chunks of ham boiled egg and fresh spinach
Cauliflower Blue Cheese tart $5/pie
A mild blue cheese with cauliflower, garlic and leeks
Macaroni cheese with artichoke hearts and bacon $5/serving
Strong cheddar, tomatoes, Parmesan, lean bacon
Onion bhajis, harka dhal and almond rice $5/serving
Chickpea flour cumin, green chillies, onions, coriander green peas
Chorizo and chick pea stew $6/pint
Sliced chorizo chickpeas, onions, celery
Zucotto $4/serving
Like a tiramisu, this has soaked cake (orange flavors), sweetened cream and is topped with dark chocolate.
Persimmon Bars $4 for two bars
Soft Persimmons, dates cinnamon nutmeg, and pecan
Chocolate Bread with Dulce de leche spread $3/slice with spread
Dark Chocolate and homemade ducle de leche
Delivery 9:30a.m. to 11a.m.






No comments: